[CentOS] copy

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Jul 21 19:03:57 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org]On Behalf Of Mad Unix
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:14 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] copy

>How would you do the
>tar zcvf -  /usr/local/apache/htdocs | ssh root at <mailto:root at> "cat > >/var/www/html/htdocs.tar.gz"

>with rsync and the to have it  in the crontab  to run everyday.

My suggestion:
Setup SSH to use keys.
Google ssh keys for explaination.
Read some of the many tutorials on rsync out there.

Tip: if you're going to run the script daily you should consider setting up a lock file.
By using a lock file you won't have to worry about the script completing before the next one starts.

If you're impatient email me and I'll give you a copy of the script I wrote.

Please post questions in text format not html.

believed to be clean.