[CentOS] Printer recommendations

Ron Loftin

reloftin at twcny.rr.com
Tue Jul 22 13:52:18 UTC 2008

Since my old Epson C86 has finally managed to clog up the print heads,
I'm in the market for a replacement.  I'd like to know what the people
on this list are using for printers that are currently available, since
we are using versions of CUPS and foomatic that are frozen, and any
other issues or "gotchas" that you are aware of.

For the replacement printer, I'm considering a color laser printer
instead of the inkjets that I've been using, and I'm dithering back and
forth over the question of direct-connect or networked printer.
Suggestions, warnings, and horror stories are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Ron Loftin                      reloftin at twcny.rr.com

"God, root, what is difference ?"       Piter from UserFriendly