[CentOS] NFS V4?

MJT centos at mjt1.com
Wed Jul 23 19:17:44 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 9:55:57 am David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> > change which versions of NFS get mounted. I haven't had to change
> > anything else in that file.
>
> I don't believe SECURE_NFS does anything; at least, it's not mentioned in
> /etc/init.d/nfs anywhere, and it's not in the nfsd man page.

It is in the /etc/sysconfig/nfs file, so it does not necessarily need to be in
the /etc/init.d/nfs.  It is supposed to handle authentication and you are
having authentication problems, right?.

I do not have your version of centos running but "SECURE_NFS" is not listed
in  /etc/init.d/nfs, it IS in /etc/rpcgssd and /etc/init.d/rpcvsgssd  in
centos 5.2, I'm betting that it is somewhat the same on your system.

From Redhat documentation:

https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/en-US/Reference_Guide/s2-nfs-how-daemons.html

"pc.svcgssd — This process is used by the NFS server to perform user
authentication and is started only when SECURE_NFS=yes is set in
the /etc/sysconfig/nfs file."

"rpc.gssd — This process is used by the NFS server to perform user
authentication and is started only when SECURE_NFS=yes is set in
the /etc/sysconfig/nfs file."

Notice that both of these talk about authentication, which is the problem you
are having, right?