[CentOS] Bind Firewall Rules

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jul 23 22:59:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-23 at 17:37 -0500, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 2:27 PM, John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com> wrote:
> > OK, so does anybody have a good firewall rule solution for what we're
> > supposed to be doing with bind these days? Obviously port 53 is no longer
> > enough.
>
> Consider  using djbdns instead of BIND. It sounds like an excellent alternative
> to BIND.
----
always seemed to be a bad idea to me.

If the point is to use a supported/maintained package system like Red
Hat or CentOS, security updates are always applied through.

When you go off packaging, you then become responsible for the software
from installation to maintenance.

If you're going to use djbdns, why bother using CentOS?

Craig