[CentOS] 6TB SCSI RAID vs. Centos

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Thu Jul 24 22:50:01 UTC 2008

Milt Mallory wrote:
> I have an Infortrend RAID box I'd like to see as one big 6TB partition,
> but I only can get 2.2TB partitions to work. I was trying to do this
> with an Adaptec controller but apparently they are only (any of them) 48
> bits wide. Does anybody have a working system for SCSI/Centos over
> 2.2TB?

What have you done to try to get it working?

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/fdisk-unable-to-create-partition-greater-2tb.html

Last I recall drives larger than 2TB weren't "officially" supported by
Red hat so it may not be perfect.

The last infortrend systems I used supported exporting logical drives
of smaller sizes which worked for me.

Last I heard you couldn't boot off of drives larger than 2TB with a
normal bios(with Intel's EFI I think you can?).

nate