[CentOS] looking for Ubuntu config for Dag Wieers' mrepo

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat Jul 26 09:48:41 UTC 2008

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Ralph Strangeness wrote:
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^
> Is that supposed to be funny?
Where did u get that? I don't see it on my side?
>>> mrepo is for rpm based distributions as it builds yum/apt *rpm*
>>> repositories.
>>> No idea how you got the idea one could use it for deb based
>>> distributions.
>> Well, I was under the impressions it really just mirrored the upstream
>> repository? I'm trying to have a .deb repository on my LAN, and would
>> like to have it on my CentOS server, and the info on the Ubuntu forums
>> looks like it's meant to run on a Ubuntu machine only. So, I was hoping
>> someone has done this already?
> We run debmirror and debmirrorx on our ubuntu/debian mirror - which is
> on CentOS. Those are just perl scripts, so they can run on CentOS.
> Cheers,
> Ralph

Cool, so can you specify which repositories to mirror with it, like with
mrepo? Cause I don't want to mirror the whole ubuntu repo - bandwidth is

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Check out my technical blog, http://blog.softdux.com for Linux or other technical stuff