[CentOS] smartd on RAID controllers?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Jul 28 18:31:14 UTC 2008

Rainer Duffner wrote on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 00:22:03 +0200:

> For HP, you should get the data if you install the Insight Manager
> agents.

I didn't install any software from HP on the HP machine. After half-an-
hour searching on the site I finally found an "hpasm" package that seems
to be it. They make it really hard to find it as it doesn't appear when
searching for "drivers and software" for the server.
Unfortunately, that didn't change anything. hpasmd is running, but
hpasmcli just hangs when I try it out. There was an hp-OpenIPMI packaged
mentioned, I'll search for that - tomorrow. Thanks for the hint, anyway.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany