[CentOS] securing rsync over ssh

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Jul 29 20:25:26 UTC 2008

Glenn wrote on Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:17:08 -0400:

> I wanted to reply with a solution, but I did not
> quite understand the problem.

The problem is that if you use a "forced command" in authorized_keys that
is the only command that runs with this key. If you want to use a few
more, even if they only differ in parameters, like rsync commands with
different options, this won't work - so you're stuck with that one command
or need a different solution. However, it's the only solution that you
will find googling up and down the net.
That one at troy.jdmz.net is different and looks promnising.

Kai

--