[CentOS] xfs on 5.2 (live cd + dvd)

Michael Kress

kress at hal.saar.de
Tue Jul 29 20:36:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm planning a server migration and being able to mount xfs file systems
with the live cd would be a cruical feature.
So before I download and try ... can anyone tell me whether the xfs is
included in the 5.2 live cd?

Later on I'm planning to install a new system with xen, 3ware 9550SX-4LP
and xfs. The xen domains are of course located on xfs partitions.
Do these features come with the standard dvd or do I have to build a
custom kernel for that?

Under centos-4.5 I chose xfs for performance reasons. With 5.2, is it
still the fs of choice when it comes to performance or do you have
better recommendations? (It will be a combined web and mail server with
moderate traffic, i.e. not toooo much but not tooo little).

Thanks in advance
Regards
Michael

Michael Kress, kress at hal.saar.de