[CentOS] Windows XP fixmbr from Centos?

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Jul 30 07:29:01 UTC 2008

I am still dead on my corporate system, and the XP boot CD I brought
won't boot.  And so far I have not found anyone here at the IETF meeting
that happens to have one in their bag of tricks...

So I found instructions on doing this in Ubuntu:

I have my Centos install CD 1 of 6 that gets me into rescue.  Is it able
to fix my mbr?

Problem I have with the above instructions (of course I have not tried
them as I would have to burn the Ubuntu live CD), is I cannot write
anything to the harddrive to store a program to fix the drive (at least
that is my reading of the instructions).  I suppose I can put a USB
drive on the system to hold any temp thing?