[CentOS] xfs on 5.2 (live cd + dvd)

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Wed Jul 30 09:10:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 04:32 +0200, Michael Kress wrote:
> Johnny Hughes wrote:
> >
> > There are xfs modules and tools for centos in centos-extras ... so you
> > can install them for the main kernel.
>

> Ah, that's right, it's the centosplus repo that contains that stuff.
> At least I know now that I can use standard means that are really
> updateable via 'yum update' and it's only a matter of a) enabling the
> repo centosplus, b) installing the kernel, c) rebooting and that's it. Cool.

Don't forget to install yum-utils (if not already done) and set
priorities for the repos you use. This will keep the additional repos
components from overwriting base components.

> No objections to using the centosplus kernel in production environments?

All that I've read on the lists here indicates that the plus kernel is
safe for production. IIRC, it just has some stuff configured in that is
not configured by upstream.

--
Bill