[CentOS] slow NFS speed

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Wed Jul 30 12:50:12 UTC 2008

Mag Gam wrote on Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:10:13 -0400:

> >70-80Mb/sec.
> MB, sorry :-)

Then I don't think it's bad, it's actually quite good for a single NIC and
in the normal range for two bonded NICs. I get a maximum of 30 MB/s
between two 1000 NICs over a SOHO Switch from Netgear in my office, no
matter if SSH or NFS. And I don't think it's Linux specific. I saw about
the same (a little bit more, maybe half of the theoretical throughput)
when I tested the same switch last year between Windows PCs.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany