[CentOS] Will CentOS 6's upstream be based on Fedora 10?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Jul 30 14:45:16 UTC 2008

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> Hi All,
> The subject says it all.  I'm asking because I've found Fedora 9 to be
> buggy as hell - it is one of the worst Fedora releases I've ever used
> (and I've been using it since Fedora Core 1).  I'm putting up with it
> for my work laptop, but it's not fun. :(
> My main home machine is still on Fedora Core 6 and will stay there until
> CentOS 6 comes out.  I don't want to use CentOS 5 because it's upstream
> is based on Fedora Core 6, and I want something new!  When CentOS 6
> hits, I will be using it for my work laptop.
> I might just keep Fedora for home my machine. I haven't decided yet if I
> want to move up to Fedora 10 or CentOS 6.
> Regards,
> Ranbir
Not likely. Fedora Core is a different branch than CentOS, and it has a
lot of different stuff (ideas, software, etc) which CentOS doesn't have.
CentOS is mainly based on the Red Hat Enterprise branch.

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Check out my technical blog, http://blog.softdux.com for Linux or other technical stuff