[CentOS] Mounting File Share Using CIFS ?'s

TechGuy

techguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 19:14:55 UTC 2008

I have been trying to mount a windows file share so I can use it for
remote storage particularly for my Deki Wiki attachments.

Anyway, I seem to have a mount established by doing the following.

1. Added following line to /etc/fstab

//fs01/wikidata /var/www/dekiwiki/attachments cifs
user,uid=500,rw,suid,username=wikisvcacct,password=testpwd,domain=corporate

2.  Then ran following command to mount it.

mount //fs01/wikidata

3.  Then ran following command to confirm mount.

df

Output of 'df':

//fs01/wikidata 1821803064 1435671544 386131520 79%
/var/www/dekiwiki/attachments

This would appear to indicate the mount was successful correct?

If I understand this whole thing, if i change directory to
/var/www/dekiwiki/attachments would I then be using or looking at
//fs01/wikidata ?   Or am I still looking at the local file system?
Or does it depend on the user?

Since I set this up for the dekiwiki user with uid=500, would I logged
in as root be able to access this mount or do I need to add another
line in the /etc/fstab for root?

Thanks!