[CentOS] Mounting File Share Using CIFS ?'s

TechGuy techguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:04:27 UTC 2008

Akemi,

I know with most mailing lists its common practice to flame every
newbie with "read" something emails.  But in this case I have been
reading, and I think maybe if you had read my email below and my post
you pointed out you would have realized that I have been reading and
trying.

As for the man page for mount.cifs it is garbage to a newbie. It
really is.  Sure it gives you all the various switches / arguments but
that is really it.

Show me where in the man page does it even mention /etc/fstab ?

Your reply served absolutely no purpose and helped in no way.

I believe I asked valid questions on understanding what I have done so
far and how things work, I didn't ask for "how do I do this... or
that".

Sorry you feel I have wasted your time.