[CentOS] Missing dependencies

Guy Boisvert

boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 30 20:11:48 UTC 2008

Hi!

	I have a new shiny CentOS 5.2 server freshly installed.  I wanted to
install VMWare Server but the installer wants to compile a module.

	I thought, no problem: Let's install compiler and libraries.  So i did:

yum groupinstall "Development Libraries" "Development Tools"

But i end up with:
==================
--> Processing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 for package: rpm-devel
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: libidn = 0.4.6-1.2.el5.rf is needed by
package libidn-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package rpm-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libidn.so.11 is needed by package curl
Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
sqlite-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: sqlite = 2.8.17-1.el5.rf is needed by package
sqlite-devel
Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package rpm-libs

What's really missing and why it doesn't seem to be in the repo?

Thanks!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.