[CentOS] Unable to write video dvd using k3b

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 20:45:03 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 11:17 AM, lingu <hicheerup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I download dvd movie files from torrent.It is like below
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1048614912 2008-07-24 16:49 VTS_01_1.VOB
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  538210304 2008-07-24 16:52  VTS_01_2.VOB
>
> File command on above giving the below ouput.
>
> file VTS_01_1.VOB
> VTS_01_1.VOB: MPEG sequence, v2, program multiplex
>
> file VTS_01_2.VOB
> VTS_01_2.VOB: MPEG sequence, v2, program multiplex
>
>  When i opened any of the above files using vlc or kaffeine it is playing
> the movie properly.But when i try to create the video dvd file onto my dvd
> using k3b its giving error "Not able to find DVD format".
>
>  Plz help me how to write this into dvd to watch this movie in normal dvd
> player.

You probably ought to ask this on either a k3b or a kde list.  My
experience with k3b leads me to believe that you have to have a
complete DVD file structure set up to create a video DVD with it (if
you're going to use that format), which means you need the info files,
vob files and some others I can't recall off the top of my head.
There are other options, too - check out dvdauthor or qdvdauthor, for
example.

mhr