[CentOS] Missing dependencies : SOLVED

Guy Boisvert boisvert.guy at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 30 21:12:31 UTC 2008

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> Guy Boisvert wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>>     I have a new shiny CentOS 5.2 server freshly installed.  I wanted
>> to install VMWare Server but the installer wants to compile a module.
>>
>>     I thought, no problem: Let's install compiler and libraries.  So i
>> did:
>>
>> yum groupinstall "Development Libraries" "Development Tools"
>>

>> But i end up with:
>> ==================
>> --> Processing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 for package: rpm-devel
>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libidn = 0.4.6-1.2.el5.rf is needed by
>> package libidn-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package rpm-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libidn.so.11 is needed by package curl
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite.so.0()(64bit) is needed by package
>> sqlite-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: sqlite = 2.8.17-1.el5.rf is needed by package
>> sqlite-devel
>> Error: Missing Dependency: libsqlite3.so.0 is needed by package rpm-libs
>
> you have got some system files replaced by .rf (rpmforge) files ...
> looks like you added a 3rd party repo without setting up yum-priorities
> and some important files (sqlite*) were replaced

Thanks Johnny.

Indeed i have RPMForge (which i never used yet, well some files were
pumped from there because of my mistake described below!).

Soon after install, i did:  yum install yum-priorities

==> I don't know where i read that but i thought that the default
priority level was 10 (maybe i was drunk!!!).  So rpmforge repo was set
to 11 !!!  The default is 99, not 10!

==> So finally, i just edited /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Base.repo

and added line: priority=1
to sections: [base] & [updates]

After, i did:

yum groupinstall "Development Libraries" "Development Tools"

to find out that i had to remove packages:

yum remove subversion-1.5.0-0.1.el5.rf xulrunner-1.9.0.1-1.el5_2

Which were newer than in CentOS repos.

After removing Subversion & Xulrunner, Developpement Tools & Development
Libraries installed just fine.

Thanks again for your help!

Guy Boisvert, ing.
IngTegration inc.