[CentOS] Mounting File Share Using CIFS ?'s

TechGuy techguy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 23:18:36 UTC 2008

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 3:04 PM, TechGuy <techguy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Akemi,
>>
>> I know with most mailing lists its common practice to flame every
>> newbie with "read" something emails.  But in this case I have been
>> reading, and I think maybe if you had read my email below and my post
>> you pointed out you would have realized that I have been reading and
>> trying.
>>
>> As for the man page for mount.cifs it is garbage to a newbie. It
>> really is.  Sure it gives you all the various switches / arguments but
>> that is really it.
>>
>> Show me where in the man page does it even mention /etc/fstab ?
>>
>> Your reply served absolutely no purpose and helped in no way.
>>
>> I believe I asked valid questions on understanding what I have done so
>> far and how things work, I didn't ask for "how do I do this... or
>> that".
>>
>> Sorry you feel I have wasted your time.
>
> TechGuy: Please control your frustration and your attitude. I too am a
> Linux newbie, and I can assure you, that on this mailing list, there
> are some of the nicest and most helpful people you will find in the
> world, on any mailing list. They will patiently try to help you, if
> you are polite. Akemi is one of the most helpful people here.
> Available to you, on centos.org is a Wiki and documentation that you
> can download in .pdf form and learn a lot from. RTFM and be polite.
> Lanny

Sorry but I don't feel I did anything wrong.  My frustration and
attitude is well placed especially with all the replies I am getting
that are saying the same thing.

No one has obviously read my email or my questions.

I did read the wiki and other various documentation which is how and
why I got where I was with it.  In my email I did not ask anyone to
tell me how to do anything.

I asked for clarification on what I had read and what I was understanding.

Isn't that the point of these groups and mailing lists?