[CentOS] Widescreen monitor won't configure to a wide screen

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 07:44:24 UTC 2008

Ah, right, forgot about that.

Did you ever try with another monitor, but use same settings etc with X? What
I'm drifting at here, is to see if the same happens with other monitors in order
to make really sure it actually is gdm causing the problem and not your new
monitor.

I know you said it works at some points, but we've kinda' come to the road's
end, as it were, so trying out even the farfetched solutions etc, would make
sense now I think.