[CentOS] Re: [Ntop-misc] PF_RING crashed the CentOS5 - BUG: soft lockup - CPU#7

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Thu Jul 31 16:30:59 UTC 2008

on 7-30-2008 9:54 PM Ian jonhson spake the following:
>> It seems that you tried to patch the CentOS kernel and it didn't work.
>
> I am doing this experiment. And, I don't know what would happen.
> Different from previous work, I don't patch the kernel from www.kernel.org
> but patch the one download from www.centos.org.
>
> I would use the same version (kernel-2.6.18) to do patching in CentOS5.
>>From the view of Scott and Johnny, I think this is proper way to accomplish
> my work.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ian
That should be safer, but your best bet would be to add the patch to the
bottom of the patch section of the spec file so you don't exclude the
multitude of other patches there. Then cross your fingers and see if it builds
clean.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and