[CentOS] recommended repo for php 5.2.3 +

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 21 17:35:49 UTC 2008

dnk wrote:
> Good day all,
>
> I have been searching on google for the recommended repo for php 5.2.3 +
> for centos... I saw at one point it was in the testing repo, but was
> pulled due to no one testing it.
>
> Is there a recommended repo that people feel is safe for a CentOS 5.x to
> get php 5.23 + ?
>
> I know i can compile and install, but i like to keep as "vanilla"  as
> possible.

The place I would recommend getting this from is:

http://www.jasonlitka.com/

repo for c5:
http://www.jasonlitka.com/media/EL5/

I have worked with Jason a couple times since MySQL stop releasing their
tarballs publicly and I had to obtain and build MySQL for CentOS-4 plus
via the MySQL Enterprise source tree.

I don't currently use his repo personally, but I have in the past and I
do know that he is very knowledgeable and creates high quality, "Red Hat
like" packages.  I have no problems recommending his repo for latest and
greatest web stack with centos.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes