[CentOS] Re: Torrent sharing question

Tue Jul 1 22:47:03 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 6-27-2008 8:00 AM Karanbir Singh spake the following:
> John Bowden wrote:
>> Hi Folks.
>> Just a quick question. I have been sharing CenOS 5.0 and 5.1 since I down
>> loaded them. Now we are on to 5.2 is it still worth sharing them or can I
>> archive them to DVD and save some hard drive space?
>> Regards John
>
> We normally drop the torrents from the tracker around the time a new
> version is released so you should as well. Do you even see any traffic
> on these older torrents ?
>
> By the way,  I think we ( as a community ) should strongly discurage
> people from installing older software specially since the older stuff
> now has known and published widely bug's and potentially remote security
> issues. Ofcourse there are people who will, due to whatever reason,
> still want to get out there and install an older version - they are
> welcome to use the vault.centos.org machines.
>
> - KB
With exception to the people hit with the powernow glitch. They will never be
able to install with a 5.2 cd or dvd since the installer kernels probably
won't be changed unless by the slim chance that upstream does.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and