[CentOS] how to create an mpeg4 mimetype (OT)

Wed Jul 2 18:00:07 UTC 2008
Phil Savoie <psavoie1783 at rogers.com>

Hi All,

I think this may be off topic, but since it's through centos 5.2, I'm
not sure.

Here is what I would like to do:

I have created a web page for family to log into and view clips of my
new niece.  My camera saves these clips in mpeg4 format.  What I would
like to do is have the web clients click on the link and have either the
clip pop up a save dialog or even better, start playing the clip.  Right
now if the link is clicked it starts downloading right away but the file
looks like gibberish. I guess what I am seeing is the raw code.

I think it's a mimetype thing but I'm not sure and if it is, how would I
create the mimetype entry to do what I would like?

Thanks in advance for any and all information received.

Phil