[CentOS] install from USB thumdrive

Tue Jul 8 15:53:24 UTC 2008
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Hi all

Is there a procedure to use an 8GIG thumbdrive to copy the centos 5.2
dvd contents
to the thumbdrive then run isolinux (or something like it) and be able
to use the thumbdrive as the install media?

Seems like it should work, however my machine only has syslinux not
isolinux.
yum provides isolinux does not return anything.

Anyway I was trying to get to a point where I can just stick a USB fab
in a machine,
have the fab setup with the correct kickstart and everything so it just
installs.
I cant modify a DVD but a fab I could put the kickstart files on and
nothing to type.

jerry