[CentOS] pnm2ppa gone, in any repo?

Wed Jul 9 13:08:38 UTC 2008
Ted Miller <tedjeanmiller at sbcglobal.net>

I can't get my HP DeskJet 712C to print via cups.  I believe the reason is
that according to
http://www.redhat.com/archives/epel-devel-list/2007-May/msg00002.html the
pnm2ppa filter got dropped between RHEL 4 and RHEL 5, or between Fedora 6
and RHEL 5, depending on how you look at it.

Foomatic still generates the pnm2ppa.xml file, but there is no pnm2ppa
binary filter installed, so any print attempt ends with an error message.

I don't find that any repo I have installed has picked this up for x86_64
architecture.  Do I need to add a repo?  Has this not been an issue for
enough people that someone has made it available from a repo?

Right now this has been a show-stopper on upgrading from Centos 4 to 5, as
it is hard to use the workstation without a printer.  Any help appreciated.

Ted Miller
Indiana, USA