[CentOS] selinux & httpd & portmap

Thu Jul 24 19:23:05 UTC 2008
Toby Bluhm <tkb at midwestinstruments.com>

Having problems starting httpd & portmapper

#service httpd start
/usr/sbin/httpd: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot

and I traced it to selinux, which I had just turned on for the first time:

# sestatus
SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /selinux
Current mode:                   enforcing
Mode from config file:          enforcing
Policy version:                 21
Policy from config file:        targeted

I can

#setsebool -P httpd_disable_trans on

and httpd starts - but there's zero enforcing now as I understand it.

Further digging & I get to:

# cat /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -m local

module local 1.0;

require {
         type portmap_t;
         type httpd_t;
         type file_t;
         class lnk_file read;
         class file { getattr read execute };
}

#============= httpd_t ==============
allow httpd_t file_t:file { read getattr execute };
allow httpd_t file_t:lnk_file read;

#============= portmap_t ==============
allow portmap_t file_t:file { read getattr execute };
allow portmap_t file_t:lnk_file read;

Other stuff like postfix, postgrey, amavisd are working fine since
turning selinux on.

Before I make a mess of things with trying to make a new policy,
shouldn't two basic services like portmap & httpd already be allowed to
run out of the box by selinux?

If not, am I going down the right path to get it working?

Thanks

--
Toby Bluhm
Alltech Medical Systems America, Inc.