[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 yum repos old rpm

Mon Jul 28 23:16:00 UTC 2008
Justin <justin.bull at c3studios.ca>

Hey everyone,

This is the first time I've ever used a mailing-list so bear with me :-)

I've just got a new dedicated server from Hostik and they've installed
CentOS 5.2 on the system (awesome!) and came pre-installed with PHP, MySQL,
and Apache (among other things). I noticed that PHP version is 5.1.6, the
MYSQL is 5.0.45, and Apache is 2.2.3

I ran yum to update, thinking it would update them to 5.2.6,
5.0.51a-community, 2.2.9 respectively:

# yum makecache
# yum update

Of course after some time, I realize that the CentOS 5 repos only have those
versions as the latest rpms in the list.

So my question is, how do I change my yum configuration to install the
latest and greatest versions of rpms installed via yum?

Best Regards,

Justin Bull
http://www.c3studios.ca/pubkey.asc (PGP Public Key)