[CentOS] African IP addresses list

Tue Jul 1 10:59:59 UTC 2008
Rudi Ahlers <Rudi at SoftDux.com>

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Miark <mlist2 at gardnerbusiness.com> wrote:
>
>> ... and by "high rate" I assume you mean 100%, just as my
>> company has experienced.
>>

> Yes. Our company had lost some money because of this incident. It has
> all the signs of an organized syndicate as they use stolen credit
> cards to buy from our store and then have the goods shipped to an
> address in Australia which forwards to wherever they are going to pick
> them up.
>

>>> Has anyone here a list of addresses from Africa already?
>>>
>> I use:
>>
>>  * 041/8
>>  * 154/8
>>  * 196/8
>>
>> which I got from here:
>>
>>  * http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
>>

> Thanks. That is exactly what I was looking for. I have now added a
> rule to our firewall (APF).

I would like to add something, as a South African citizen. South Africa,
is NOT part of Africa for that matter, it's a republic on it's own. It's
almost like saying "Let's ban America, cause someone in Mexico spammed
me".  South Africa, which is on the 196/8 range does a LOT of business
overseas in many countries,
and I do want to warn that you could loose a lot of good business due to
this practice.

Most of the fraud you experience could come from Nigeria, or one of the
other central & western Africa countries. To ban a whole continent
because of problems some countries cause could be problematic.

For that matter is China a different country from Russia, from
Switzerland, even though they share the same land mass

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com