[CentOS] how to create an mpeg4 mimetype (OT)

Wed Jul 2 18:40:20 UTC 2008
Dennis McLeod <dmcleod at foranyauto.com>

How are your friends and family going to play an MPEG4 file?
XP WMP11 won't play one without some codecs installed (For instance).
I usually install VLC on XP boxes.
What you could do is embed a player in the webpage (ala youtube), and then
they won't have to figure it out.
You will likely want to convert to .flv files.
I posted a command line script to use ffmpeg a few days ago.
You then need to get a player embedded.
Easy task, I use:
http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?about=JW_FLV_Media_Player

You can see some of ours here:

http://www.nissanofelkgrove.com/nissan_gtr.htm

Some of those are very large, even though they've been converted to flv's...

(FWIW, the flv files and player are stored on Amazon's S3 service, the
website itself is hosted elswhere. We just created the file structure, and
call the player and playlist on the webpage. They (the hosting company)
wanted 600.00 per month to do this for us. Our bill from Amazon last month
was $3.05

HTH,
Dennis