[CentOS] Re: Yum errors

Wed Jul 2 19:22:48 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-2-2008 11:49 AM Scott Silva spake the following:
> <snip>
>>
>> your .repo files and/or repo setup in /etc/yum.conf is broken
>>
> Copied /etc/yum directory from a working server, preserving the old one,
> and it seems to be working so far. It looks like the biggest difference
> is the old one had a conf file for fastestmirror, but the new one has
> installonlyn conf file. I'll see what happens. Maybe it munged when I
> added the downloadonly plugin earlier. I wanted to have all the updates
> on the machine before I ran the upgrade.

Still borked, but less messages;

  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
     yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 183, in main
     base.doTransaction()
   File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 336, in doTransaction
     problems = self.downloadPkgs(downloadpkgs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 897, in
downloadPkgs
     dirstat = os.statvfs(po.repo.pkgdir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '//var/cache/yum/updates/packages'

Is this the problem ^^^^^
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages exists and has same owner/perms as all the
other dirs in the cache folder, although the double backslash looks suspicious
to me.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and