[CentOS] settings up cheap a NAS / SAN server, is it possible?

Thu Jul 3 01:07:43 UTC 2008
Jun Salen <nokijun at yahoo.com>

Rudi Ahlers wrote:

>Using CentOS is preferred since I know it the best. I haven't used
>FreeBSD since v4.7 ( I think I had a look @ 4.9 & 5.4 as well), and I
>don't know Solaris.
>I think my action plan now will be to figure out how to install CentOS
>on a USB memory stick and make it boot on any machine (making it easy to
>replace if need be), and then to play around with the RAID a bit and see
>how well it works.

In your problem above, you can use unetbootin (google it) and you can make bootable USB with Linux (Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, etc.) inside. There is available both for windows and linux platform. I hope this helps.

junji
aisalen.wordpress.com
Linux Registered User #253162
CentOS User