[CentOS] Centos 5.2 upgrade - urlopen error unknown url type: media

Thu Jul 3 15:14:00 UTC 2008
Toby Bluhm <tkb at midwestinstruments.com>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>> Kai Schaetzl wrote:

>>> Searching the local folder of this list reveals two older postings
>>> from you about this (one from December, one a few days ago). It
>>> seems to indicate that your repo is not completely in sync. Either a
>>> new sync or clean all got you going last time ;-)
>> The other times a
>>
>> yum clean all
>>
>> did the job. Problems with old metadata, it would seem.
>>
>> This time I did the clean first and still got the error.
>>
>> I ran a rsync and did not get any updates to base.
> I should also mention that right now, I have a fresh install
> foranother system running off this repo.

Just some guesses here . . .

Maybe something's buggered in /etc/yum.repos.d. Try comparing the broken
with the working. If the broken still looks right, try making a backup
of the broken & copy in the working - there may be some overlooked typo
or a character that's invisible to the editor program - like dos file
^M. Could also clear out all non Centos specific repos just to reduce
the noise.

--
Toby Bluhm
Alltech Medical Systems America, Inc.