[CentOS] Anaconda ignores "cmdline" directive

Fri Jul 4 13:01:56 UTC 2008
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Amos Shapira wrote on Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:12:41 +1000:

> For a start, the "cmdline" directive in the kickstart seems to be
> ignored and it stays in "text" (ncurses) mode.

I'm using cmdline all the time and there *is* a difference to text. The
output is b/w and if it has to fallback to the "gui" that gets drawn with
ascii characters and not with "blocks" and such.
What's the output that you get? I wouldn't say that "cmdline" is any
better for debugging apart from the fact that you get most output line by
line, so you can review it later. This line by line output mostly applies
to the list of software that gets installed. I don't have a %post% install
section. AFAIk, postinstall is a problem as it isn't run as root or so
(see deployment guide section for kickstart).

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany