[CentOS] Three Identical systems - short cut to setting up thedrives?

Fri Jul 4 17:50:02 UTC 2008
Mark Weaver <mdw1982 at mdw1982.com>

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Daniel_Curry at Dell.com wrote:
>> How about installing one, and using the anaconda-ks that is generated to
>> install the other two?
>>

> That was my first plan. But that just saves the time going through the
> install selection and getting the same stuff installed.
>
> I would still have to do the yum update (though there was the post
> about how to include the update repo in a kickstart install. Then I
> have the powerk8 kernel patch to install (these are old systems with
> new drives), followed by a number of config file changes (setting up
> IPtables, changing SSHD, configing VNC, etc). All that is a lot to
> work out for a kickstart install.
>
> The pointer of running dd fromLinux Rescue sounded good. But
> Clonezilla calls for some real investigation.

have you tried using Norton Ghost? I've used this many times and works
nicely replicating complete systems. Upon boot though, unless the
hardware/chipsets are identical as well, you'll go through some minor
gyrations while kudzu removes and adds drivers for the systems.

--
Mark

Ignorance, like Reality, is a matter of perspective.
- If more people used Linux, Gas would be cheaper!