[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 Missing Dependancy

Sat Jul 5 15:47:03 UTC 2008
Jay Leafey <jay.leafey at mindless.com>

Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I am trying to install perl-Digest-Perl-MD5 from rf and it is failing suggesting it
> needs /usr/bin/false. #yum whatprovides "/usr/bin/false" yields nothing.
>
> My CentOS 5.1 machines don't have this, and this is the same list of yum install
> items I always use when setting up assp.
>
> Any idea what to do?
>
> jlc

Wierd, I just confirmed the issue.  There is not a /usr/bin/false, but
there IS a /bin/false on a stock 5.2 install.  You might check in the
rpmforge forums/list archives for some mention of this problem.

I thought I might be able to symlink /bin/false to /usr/bin/false (a
kludge, I admit) or copy /bin/false to /usr/bin/false, but neither seems
to work for me.  Like I said, probably best to check with rpmforge.

Sorry!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com