[CentOS] i386 version of Perl getting installed on x64 system?

Sun Jul 6 04:28:33 UTC 2008
Ray Van Dolson <rayvd at bludgeon.org>

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 10:13:46PM -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I am trying to install:
>
> perl-Compress-Zlib
> perl-Digest-Perl-MD5
> perl-Net-DNS
> perl-Time-HiRes
> perl-Email-Valid
> perl-File-ReadBackwards
> perl-File-Scan-ClamAV
> perl-Mail-SPF-Query
> perl-libwww-perl
> perl-LDAP
> perl-Unix-Syslog
> perl-Mail-SRS
> perl-Net-CIDR-Lite
> perl-Mail-SPF
>
> which are all either noarch or x86_64 rpms yet it wants to install perl i386 version?
> I could ask on rf list but it wont let me subscribe so that's of no help:/
>
> Is there an obvious reason for this, or another bizarre erroneous dependency issue?

Can you identify which one of these packages individually is requiring
the 32-bit perl?  In other words, can you install perl-LDAP without it
wanting to pull in the 32-bit perl?  Same for all of them...

You can also do an rpm -q -R -p <rpm> on the .rpm file to see what it
requires, but I'm not sure if that will tell us anything particularly
useful.

Have you tried the rpmforge IRC channel?

Ray