[CentOS] Re: Message size rejected

Sun Jul 6 21:27:42 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-6-2008 11:16 AM Anne Wilson spake the following:
> On Sunday 06 July 2008 17:26:05 Scott Silva wrote:
>> That is one of the biggest of my beefs about windows. It allows any
>> computer noob to shoot themselves in the foot very easily. That can be a
>> plus or a negative. The biggest negative is that there are now millions of
>> computers on the internet that have run out on their free 2 months of virus
>> scanner updates, and are now owned by someones bot network, while the
>> clueless user keeps plugging along wondering why the darn machine is so
>> slow.
>> I guess the positive is that it is easy for Grandma and Grandpa on the
>> other side of the country to get pics of the grandkids.
>>
>> I just wish that PC manufacturers would just contract with one of the free
>> virus scanner companies like Grisoft, instead of putting in Norton with a
>> 60 day cripple point. Most users will just ignore the update message until
>> it stops because they don't know it is really necessary software. A free
>> virus scanner with updates will beat a heave commercial soft with no
>> updates anytime.
>
> I fail to see what any of this has to do with my question.  As it happens she
> is not a computer newbie and she has had an AV contract since the Win3.1
> days.  However, that's totally irrelevant.  She simply hadn't realised just
> how big a pdf with two large graphics and embedded fonts would be.
>
> Anne
It wasn't a personal attack, just a general state of the "average" windows
user vs an "average" user of some of the linux/unix derivatives.

My comment on just increasing the allowed message size until after you
received the large message was to help with your immediate problem with the
least amount of change to your daughters system.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and