[CentOS] Getting something into centosplus for 5.2?

Sun Jul 6 23:19:04 UTC 2008
Ian Forde <ian at duckland.org>

On Sun, 2008-07-06 at 15:57 -0700, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> I won't speak on the -plus topic, but as far as upstream is concerned,
> you definitely need to open an RFE SR if you're a paying customer...
> probably won't be super speedy, but better than your bug sitting around
> forever ignored. :)

Heh - I figured 5 months was long enough, even though there are bugs
that have languished for years in upstream's bugzilla... But yes - for
it to get any traction, I would need to be a paying customer... that's
why I figured I'd try their route first, then plus... failing that, I'd
have to look at getting a kmod rpm for pl2303 into either plus or
atrpms...

(FWIW, it wasn't easy getting stuff into upstream when I worked for them
either... it takes time...)

	-I