[CentOS] Re: pm-utils - ATrpms updates a system package on the stable branch

Mon Jul 7 21:34:24 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-7-2008 2:28 PM Joseph L. Casale spake the following:
>> If this is true, why did this package get updated?
>
> Can't answer that, but do you use yum-priorities? I was actually
> just looking at ATRPMS and about to see if it had what I needed
> for a new install. It would be good to know if that problem happened
> with the repo protection in place...
>
> jlc
I have atrpms on a few servers, but usually leave it disabled, then if I need
something I "yum --enablerepo=atrpms install ....

You can also turn it on occasionally with update and just say no if it looks
like it wants to replace any system modules.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and