[CentOS] rsh problems in CentOS 5.2 (was "cvs command failure on 5.2")

Mon Jul 7 23:05:29 UTC 2008
Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org>

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 04:00:33PM -0700, MHR wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> > *grin* switch to using ssh for your CVS connections then and bypass the
> > whole issue.  rsh is insecure, anyway!
> >

> Yeah, but there are problems with that approach.  I routinely do mass
> cvs commands in loops, like showing all differences between my files
> and the repo files, and if there are a lot of them, I don't want to
> have to input my password 100+ times....

Set it up to use public/private key authentication, use ssh-agent and
you'll never need to enter your password except the once, to load it into
the agent.

Or configure sshd to allow rhosts/shosts authentication (IgnoreRhosts no)
on the remote server (bad idea, but no worse than rsh with rhosts files)

--

rgds
Stephen