[CentOS] rsh problems in CentOS 5.2 (was "cvs command failure on 5.2")

Mon Jul 7 23:31:44 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

Update:

If I shut off the firewall on sushi (/etc/init.d/iptables stop), the
rsh connections all work fine.  I need to go research how to read the
iptables output because right now it's greek to me - I can read the
letters, but the words don't make sense.

(I'm an admitted newbie to networking details, but I seem to be
getting an education in them willy nilly.... !)

Haven't gone the ssh route yet (this is all supposed to be on a secure
internal network, so that shouldn't be needed, but I'll read up on it
anyway 'cause it will come in handy sooner than I think - always
does).

Thanks again....

mhr