[CentOS] CENTOS irst tim root "mmory or rsh krnl..."

Tue Jul 8 22:38:23 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 2:38 PM, B.J. McClure <keepertoad at verizon.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 05:28 +0800, mcclnx mcc wrote:
>> I installed Centos 5.2 on DELL 2650 server (fresh install).  After
>> installed finish, I reboot server and get following messages and
>> server hang:
>>
>> Memory for crash kernel (0x0 to 0x0) notwithin permissible range
>>
>> Redhat nash version 5.1.19.6 starting
>>

>> Anyone know why?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> The Release Notes for CentOS 5 indicate this is "normal".

While the memory message is normal, I'm pretty sure that the "hang"
part wasn't normal.

However, there isn't any information of use here - what is the
hardware configuration of your Dell?  In detail, please.  The more
information you supply, the easier it is to fish for an answer.

mhr