[CentOS] UTF-8 support in PCRE

Wed Jul 9 17:27:35 UTC 2008
Amitava Shee <amitava.shee at gmail.com>

The issue is in CentOS 5. I ran the application successfully in Ubuntu 8.04.

PCRE in CentOS does not have "unicode properties" enabled. Please see
pcretest -C outputs from CentOS and Ubuntu

CentOS 5
=======
[ashee at foobar]$ pcretest -C
PCRE version 6.6 06-Feb-2006
Compiled with
  UTF-8 support
  No Unicode properties support
  Newline character is LF
  Internal link size = 2
  POSIX malloc threshold = 10
  Default match limit = 10000000
  Default recursion depth limit = 10000000
  Match recursion uses stack

Ubuntu
=====
ashee at ubuntu:~$ pcretest -C
PCRE version 7.4 2007-09-21
Compiled with
  UTF-8 support
  Unicode properties support
  Newline sequence is LF
  \R matches all Unicode newlines
  Internal link size = 2
  POSIX malloc threshold = 10
  Match recursion uses stack

Is there a way to enable these options (without the usual ./configure make)?

-Amitava

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 6:44 AM, Ralph Angenendt
<ra+centos at br-online.de<ra%2Bcentos at br-online.de>>