[CentOS] Re: Evolution in CentOS 5.2

Thu Jul 10 00:20:09 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> Maybe it's not looking where you think it is looking..
>
> I'd run the app with strace to find out what files it is attempting
> to open.
>
> What I do is: strace -fF <command> 1>/tmp/strace.log 2>&1

I got a ton of output, but there is no addressbook at all in the trace.

Also:

1) /home is an NFS mount (with exact matches on userids), so the
.evolution/ tree is also on the reomte system.

2) When I copied the old addressbook back in, Evo ignores it.

3) When I added a new contact, the file remains unchanged, but the
contacts are visible in Evo.

4) I'm waiting for the nfs writeback to see what happens if I try this
another way.

mhr