[CentOS] Re: Evolution in CentOS 5.2

Thu Jul 10 02:07:58 UTC 2008
MHR <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 5:42 PM, nate <centos at linuxpowered.net> wrote:

> The next thing I suggest is stopping evolution, and killing all
> evolution processes on the system and starting evolution again and
> see if that fixes it.

Well, it didn't /fix/ the problem, but it did restore the original
behavior (error opening the contacts address book).

I did notice that the addressbook.db file remained unchanged
throughout all of this, but the addressbook.db.summary was different.
I'm thinking maybe it somehow got corrupted by whatever changes went
in between 5.1 and 5.2?

I've filed a bugzilla report against this with gnome, and, btw, also
one for bug-buddy's refusal to submit bugzilla reports on gnome 2.16
because it's "too old."

Hopefully they will go somewhere....

Meanwhile, still open to suggestions....  Thanks!

mhr