[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Thu Jul 10 22:23:17 UTC 2008
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

on 7-10-2008 2:50 PM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
> On 7/10/08, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> Bind as a caching nameserver is dead easy to install.
>> Just run "yum install caching-nameserver" and it will pull everything in.
>> Then "chkconfig named on & service named start"
>
> Scott: Thanks! I just began a text file: "Caching DNS Server" and
> copied the above into it. Questions: (a) Is caching-nameserver
> completely standalone or do I need anything else with it? (Sound like
> yum will install everything it needs)  (b) How to configure it? (c)
> Easier for me to get that configured properly than dnscache from
> djbdns? (d) If I do a minimal CentOS 3.x or  4.x install, would I do
> the Routing & Masquerading with IPTables or something else? If I can
> get this to work, on a CentOS box, that would be great. Lots of
> questions!  Your time and help is much appreciated!   Lanny
Do you want to install a complete router using CentOS?
Is your ipcop box not adequate for your needs?

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and