[CentOS] command line configuration of DSL access

Fri Jul 11 11:13:45 UTC 2008
Gergely Buday <gbuday at gmail.com>

Michel van Deventer wrote:

>> how can I configure a DSL access using the command line? The Red Hat
>> Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide does not describe this and I
>> could not find any description on the internet.
> Maybe you can provide us with some more information, as like which
> provider are you using in which country, what kind of hardware are you
> using to connect to DSL (router/pci card?), which version of CentOS are
> you using and maybe other info that might be of use ?

The case is that I used the GUI for my fedora box and now would like
to set the same to my centos server that would be the firewall. I use
eth0 to connect to my service provider's network. When I set up on
fedora I choose DSL and gave login name and password and worked out of
the box. I use CentOs 5.1 on my server.

I would like to use an editor better than the GUI to configure this.
My provider is Digi Tv in Hungary.

I wonder why do you need all this, isn't there a good description of
the config scripts somewhere?

- Gergely