[CentOS] OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com whenbrowsing web?

Fri Jul 11 23:45:05 UTC 2008
Ian Blackwell <ian at ikel.id.au>

Lanny Marcus wrote:
> On 7/10/08, Dennis McLeod <dmcleod at foranyauto.com> wrote:
>
>> IPCOP here. Use it for Masq, dhcp, NAT, time, Transparent Webfiltering via
>> URLFilter plugin (and automatic blacklist downloads) and banned internal MAC
>> addresses (our inside machines) via advancedproxy plugin, and more.....
>> It's on our public access wifi network with a dedicated DSL connection. Been
>> up for 2 years.
>> It's on an old IBM Netvista SFF Celeron 900 with 512M of ram.
>> I'm gonna build one at home, cause my kids are getting to the age....
>> Dennis
>>

> Great. I have IPCop running on a Pentium 233 MMX box with 64 MB of
> RAM. It's our oldest box and it does the job for our house.  :-)

IPCop here too - since 2004 - with a full Blue, Orange, Green and Red
configuration (CentOS in Orange for email/web etc).  I too used a really
old P200 with about 96Mb RAM.  It will work OK on that hardware - as it
does on yours - but you just can't get it to do the extra stuff - e.g.
CopFilter, Snort, etc.  I've just updated to an AMD Athlon XP 1700+ with
512Mb of RAM and I can now run all the cool add-ons I couldn't before.

Ian