[CentOS] Re: OT: anything in CentOS 5.2 that uses opendns.com when browsing web?

Sat Jul 12 23:11:32 UTC 2008
Lanny Marcus <lmmailinglists at gmail.com>

On 7/11/08, Ian Blackwell <ian at ikel.id.au> wrote:

> For what it is worth, my IPCop box has the DNS values supplied by my ISP
> entered here instead of 127.0.0.1.  My dig +trace tests are all running
> fine.

You entered them there and you can dig +trace from there. That's
interesting.  I would like to discontinue using the DNS Servers at my
ISP, because: (a ) frequently slow (b) sometimes no DNS (c) the recent
problem where I get to opendns.com

> You can also create a backup using the web-interface.  The backup will
> be saved on your local machine and you can restore it from there if needed.

Thank you for reminding me about that! The IPCop box I am using now, I
backed up on 23 February. The Backup IPCop box, which I am going to
use to test this, will need to be updated and then I will backup,
before I try these changes.

<snip>
>>> For the change to me having my own Caching DNS Server, in the settings
>>> for the ADSL modem at this time, using the DNS servers at our ISP:
>>> Primary DNS Server       200.29.104.22
>>> Secondary DNS Server     200.29.96.22
>>>
> These are the number I would enter into the IPCop setup screen for DNS
> and Gateway.  My gateway value is the IP address of my ADSL modem.

Ian: Thank you for the information! Lanny